FROM ROOTS TO WINGS
1. Menus are posted at least one week in advance. Menus
are dated and include portion sizes.
2. Food is offered at intervals not less than 2 hours and not more than 3 ½ hours apart.
3. Our site is open over 9 hours; we provide three meals and three snacks.
The following meals and snacks are served by the center:
9:45am-10:15am AM Snack
3:15pm-4:15pm PM Snack
7:45pm-8:00pm Late Snack
4. Each snack or meal includes a liquid to drink. This drink is water or one of the required
components such as milk or 100% fruit juice.
5. Menus include hot and cold food and vary in colors, flavors and textures.
6. Ethnic and cultural foods are incorporated into the menu.
7. Menus list specific types of meats, fruits, vegetables, etc.
8. Menus include a variety of fruits, vegetables, and entree items.
9. Foods served are generally moderate in fat, sugar, and salt content.
10. Children have free access to drinking water (individual disposable cups or single use glasses only).